The Tuesday Times
The Voice of the Fine Arts, Kinesiology & Communication Division at Foothill College
...John Madden"The biggest gap in sports is between the winner and the loser of the Super Bowl."
Tuesday, February 2, 2016, Volume XIX, Number 18
Registration For Spring Begins March 2/Classes start April 4
Please encourage your continuing students to register at their earliest opportunity for spring quarter. Enrollment management will take place March 30/31 and April 1. Late enrollment begins April 4 and ends April 15. Beginning next week, please proof your Spring Schedule for any corrections (I will send you a reminder in a separate email).
- March 2 - April 3: Veterans, Foster Youth, DSPS, EOPS and CalWorks students who have completed orientation, assessment and an educational plan; have selected an educational goal of transfer, degree or certificate; and have declared an academic major.
- March 3 - April 3: Continuing students who were enrolled in 12 units or more during Winter Quarter; have selected an educational goal of transfer, degree or certificate; and have declared an academic major.
- March 3 - April 3: New, fully matriculated college students who have completed orientation, assessment and an educational plan; selected an educational goal of transfer, degree or certificate; and declared an academic major.
- March 4 - April 3: Continuing students who have who were enrolled in fewer than 12 units during Winter Quarter; have selected an educational goal of transfer, degree or certificate; and have declared an academic major.
- March 7- April 3: New, non-matriculated college students who have selected an educational goal of transfer, degree or certificate; and declared an academic major BUT have not completed assessment, orientation or an educational plan.
- March 7 - April 3: Returning students who were enrolled in 12 or more units in last completed term; have selected an educational goal of transfer, degree or certificate; and declared an academic major.
- March 8 - April 3: New transfer students from any other college who have selected an educational goal of transfer, degree or certificate; and declared a major.
- March 8 - April 3: All other college students, including continuing students who have not declared a major or who have not selected an educational goal of transfer, degree or certificate.
- March 14 - April 3: Concurrently-enrolled high school students who are freshman, sophomores, juniors or seniors or meet other criteria to attend Foothill College.
Spring Textbook Adoptions
Spring Quarter 2016 adoptions are now due and may be placed online at http://books.foothill.edu
The Bookstore is the official clearinghouse for all Foothill College and Global Access adoption information. In accordance the HEOA 2008 regulations if you use course materials for your courses, ISBNís and prices now are required to be available to students before they register for class. This also applies to courses that do not use course materials.
The Adoption Site has general information available to assist returning Adopters.
If you are a new user go to FIRST TIME? START HERE to register, then enter all required information and create your personal password and email confirmation.
Please submit your course syllabi or course pack to be processed by the Bookstore for Spring by February 19, 2015. Syllabi/workbooks must be more than 20 pages in length.
If you are planning to use a course reader that may require copyright/royalty clearance, contact Bookstore Director Romy Paule at 650 949-7308 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Benkman Performs At Maybeck
Music Instructor Noel Benkman will be performing a recital of Shostakovich, Brahms, Cassado, and Schumann at the Maybeck Recital Hall in Berkeley Feb. 7th.
For more info, go to http://www.maybeckstudio.org/2015/12/cellopiano-recital-roudman-benkman-duo.html
Life's Garden Dance Performance
Dance Instructor Donna Frankel reports: Each term I put a community/charity performance together for my students to demonstrate their knowledge. I am happy to have additional musicians, more dancers, singers, drama, etc. in the show. The facility is happy to have us, we don't pay them and they don't pay us. You have heard of sing for your supper? We dance for dessert. Cake and punch will be served. I have put a show on for Life's Garden Retirement Home in Sunnyvale each year for 28 years. They provide the elderly audience, a wood stage, a piano, a mic, a dressing room, cake and punch. We provide the show, costumes, etc. and at the end sing Happy Birthday to their residents celebrating their Birthdays in Feb.
If any faculty has a student(s) wanting extra credit or make up who would like to be in the show, please contact me ASAP so I can get their music or number of minutes needed, etc.
Information? Contact Donna at email@example.com
Got An Item?Are you competing, performing or exhibiting somewhere? Giving a presentation? I'll be happy to put it in the TT! Try to send it to me the week before your event. If you actually read this, click here, it's funny!